About Sinological Society Yuan
The Society was founded in 1998, originally by professors and students of the Chair of Sinology at the Department of Asian and African studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ljubljana. Its members are Slovene sinologists, professors and students of sinology and other people, interested in China and Chinese culture.
The society is non-profitable, devoted to the promotion of Chinese culture in Slovenia and to the advancement of inter-cultural dialogue between China and Slovenia. By its numerous activities, it also tries to prevent xenophobia and intolerance in Slovene society and to contribute to a better understanding of specific features of Asian societies and cultures.
Actively operating since the year 2000, the Yuan society strives towards highlighting Chinese culture and building bridges between the Chinese and Slovenian people. Currently, its primary way of achieving these goals is by organizing various activities (like workshops, symposiums, round-tables, stalls at fairs, expositions, exhibits, etc.) and by taking part in other projects associated with China and its culture.
The society also represents the interests of Slovenian sinologists in the disciplines of science, education, business and arts.
Sinološko društvo Yuan, Aškerčeva 2, SI-1000 Ljubljana
E-mail: yuan [at] sino.si
Webpage: www.sino.si, yuan.sino.si
Bank Account: SI56 6100 0001 5895 737 at Delavska Hranilnica (SWIFT: HDELSI22)
TAX: 77945541 (according to the Slovenian Law of Societies we are tax exempt)
Bodies of society:
- Elected student member: Severin Lorenčič
- Secretary: Luka Furjan
- Treasurer: Maks Marn
- President: Matej Zima
- Vice-President: Dunja Zorman
- student member: everyone with a student status at University of Ljubljana
- sinologue: everyone with a formal sinological education acquired at Filozofska fakulteta Univerze v Ljubljani; members of other institutions need to go through board approval
- supporter: all the remaining physical or legal entities that are interested in our work on the field of sinology.
If you would like to become our member, please read our statute and fill in our electronic membership application form.